Friday, April 9, 2010

Not My Steps

"The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."
Proverbs
16:9
From the first time I have read this verse I nearly claimed it all to myself.

What am I doing here is a question I have all too often been asking and the answer is always the same, "Trust Me," says the Lord. And how am I to argue with that answer? From the creator of the world in all His majesty who has presented me faultless before God... He has silenced me.

There are days when it's difficult though. This is not the way I imagined my life of service to the Lord thus far. My selfishness thinks there may be a better way, and my jealousies cause me to compare my life to those around me. God deserved my undivided attention and I have given Him a staggered one; this is shameful, embarrassing, and sometimes I just wish I could hide from Him in shame like Adam and Eve in the garden.

On this path, there have been so many bumps and turns -- some turns sharper than others -- that keep leading me to God. It seems sometimes that there are not road signs for these sharp turns and bumps, but then I am reminded that God's word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path (Ps. 119:105). Throughout His word we are told to Trust, we can read stories of those who have and should have trusted and know that the outcome is right in His eyes.

- These are not my steps -

No comments:

Post a Comment