Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just Do Something


My dear friend Larinda has gifted me with a wonderful short read called "Just Do Something" written by pastor and author Kevin DeYoung. If you're looking for a short read that's inspiring, encouraging and yet gives a good kick in the butt, I would suggest this one to you. The subtitle of the book is:

"How to make a decision without dreams, visions, fleeces, open doors, random Bible verses, casting lots, liver shivers, writing in the sky, etc."

Being that I'm out of college and searching for a job, well honestly sometimes I've just been waiting for the right moment. I know God will guide me, but my intelligent brain has also been given to me by Him to think and to make decisions. This book is a great and easy read for any college grad or anyone making life changing decisions for that matter. The book reminds us that the will of God is to remain in Him, to live righteous and holy lives, loving the Lord out God with all we have first and our neighbor as ourself. The rest, God has promised He will provide for us. He does love us after all.

Do it. Read it. I dare you. Tell me what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment