Saturday, January 2, 2010

Winter is good for cooking

One thing I learned about myself at L'Abri is that I love food and I love to cook. It's something I've never really put the effort and time into, but seeing as how you can be creative with cooking makes it so much more fun. I know there will be times I fail and other times I surprise myself and today, I hope is one of those surprising days. My friend Kris just went to France this past semester for a study abroad program and we decided that it would be fun to cook some food for our friends tonight. He'll be making crepes with, well I'm not sure what the filling will be yet, but I'm sure it will be great. I have prepared some chicken and vegetables. I skinned and cleaned the chicken (organic raised) and, they placed it in a medium sized roaster pan, massaging the chicken in olive oil, salt and pepper, then squeezing fresh lemon on it. To finish it off, I stuff it with rosemary and garlic. I'll roast it at about 370 for about an hour flipping it several times. The vegetables are carrots and cauliflower paired with lemons and garlic. They were cut into bite sized pieces and turned with olive oil, salt and pepper. Those will also go into the oven for about 20 mins at 400 degrees. I hope it turns out. I love experimenting, but I'm just not sure how much people enjoy being the test dummies. I'll update you readers :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't see an update, but I can give an update from the "test dummy" viewpoint: It was DELICIOUS! Stop by any time and we'll be test dummies again! Please!

    ReplyDelete