Friday, February 12, 2010

Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune

These are two shows that are always on in the evening at my house being that there are two wonderful elderly women at my house. The TV is always on downstairs and my great Aunt, Cornelia, also likes to watch Judge Judy and NJ 12 in the afternoon. Sometimes I'll catch a glimpse of my very God-fearing grandma, Maria, watching Jerry Springer reruns. When I ask her "Omama, what are you watching," she quickly is like, "eh it was on and I just stopped here. I don't know." Then she will proceed to change the channel to something less vulgar. I guess when you're that age you're interested to see what kind of a mad world the youngsters are living in.

Living at home has taught me a lot about my character, my patience and my love; basically the way I live and why I live this way. I've learned time and again that my life is not mine to live, but for the Lord to give. It is always about living in the way Christ has instructed us for God. Sometimes this is hard and I find it easiest to be the most impatient with my family... Shame.On.Me. I know that it will be God who continues to soften my heart to continue offering the most precious gift to people; TIME. I learned this today as I joined my Great Aunt Cornelia on a walk around the block. She of all people can be very difficult at times, but that does not excuse my impatience. She still is a child of God, a beautiful creation.

You know, I've been thinking often about what my meeting with Christ will be like for the first time some day. It dawned on me that this is going to be a real meeting; a face to face meeting (or maybe a bowed, fallen face to face). God is alive, Christ is alive and one day I will meet Him, and though I cannot wait, I would not want to waste this gift of TIME that God has given me here to spend wisely and for Him. So often I find myself asking What am I doing? Where am I going? How shall I live? And often I search for this answer in the wrong places when already these questions have been answered.

Matthew 10:38-40, "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worth of Me. he who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. He who receives you receives Me,and he who recieves me receives Him who sent Me."

The words of Christ Himself remind us to take up our cross and lose our life, for Him, to find it. This means my time belongs to Him, and it will be in His time that I one day will see Him. This is not in vein, but for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment