Sunday, March 14, 2010

Calm of the Cook

YES... you're correct. I have been a poo poo blogger and I too have missed my writing, though you get to be the judge of it's caliber.

This week has been quite hectic. I've been rising at 6am to train at the new job while getting home around 1am to finish my old job. Though, this week I have still found time to enjoy friends and family and of course cooking. Whenever I'm stressed my hands desire creativity and I find that pleasure often in cooking. So naturally after my accident I had the urge to cook. Cooking is so relaxing for me, enjoyable and can be done alone or as a social thing. This last week I made tomato blue cheese soup. I loved the recipe because of all the textures that were involved in making the soup; the tomatoes needed peeling and the blue cheese needed crumbling. The carrots needed chopping and the finished product needed blending. A bit of salt here and a splash of pepper here and the soup was ready to be devoured. I say it was the perfect fix for a rainy day, car-crash afternoon. Plus it lasted me into this week. That's the great thing about cooking at home.


If you're cooking for a family, you can always make extra and portion it out for the week; planning ahead is always helpful. And I do believe cooking should be fun, should be enjoyable and should not always feel like it's a chore. Find ways to enjoy it by preparing meals for the rest of the week at the beginning, middle or end of one week. Dot it with your family, do it with your friends. Food and gathering go hand in hand like forks and knives ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment